Thank you for considering the adoption of one (or more!) of our many wonderful animals awaiting their new homes. Adopting not only gives a homeless animal a new chance at a forever home, it helps control pet overpopulation while providing you with a fantastic new best friend!
If you would like to meet an animal you see here, please come to the main shelter (or our Mounds Satellite Adoption Center, depending on where the animal is located) and we will be happy to introduce you. We're sorry, but we cannot place holds on animals either over the phone or by email. If an animal you are interested in is in a foster home, please call first so we can arrange a meeting!
- ANIMAL SEARCH - Search all of our adoptable animals
- Adoption Process - What you can expect from our adoption process.
- Adoption Fees - Find the minimum fee for the type of animal you wish to adopt.
- Breed Matching - Looking for a specific breed or type of animal? We may be able to help!
- Post Adoption Survey - If you've recently adopted from RCHS, we'd love to hear about your experience.
- Breed Rescue - Listing of area breed rescue groups.
- Happy Tails - Read success stories of pets adopted from RCHS.